Followers

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lace up Nail Tutorial

This nail art has both, a lace pattern and lace up lines. Lace is my favorite theme when it comes to nail art I do on my nails because I think lace gives a romantic and seductive look.
What you will need for this nail art is:
-Nail art striping brush
-Black nail polish or acrylic paint
-Dotting tool or toothpick
-Nail stamp plate with fishnet pattern.

If you don't have nail stamp you can substitute with the striping brush and with a little more patience you can achieve the same look:



Tutorial after the jump...


-First, start with unpainted nails, base coat is optional:

-Then, I added a silver shimmer nail polish. Let it dry. Again, this step is optional.

-Before you start stamping the fishnet pattern, stick a long, thin piece of tape to the middle of your nails. When you are done stamping, remove the tape carefully. Paint two parallel lines using a thin nail art brush and black acrylic paint or nail polish.

-To this point, all your nails should look like this:


-Now, put some dots along the lines using a dotting tool or toothpick. In this case I added two dots together and one dot on top, forming a pyramid of dots. If you prefer, one dot is fine. Remember to leave a space between each dot and try to align the dots with the ones on the other line. When you are done with the dots, use the striping nail art brush and draw crossing lines to achieve the lace up design. When you are done, let it dry a little bit to prevent smudging. Finish your nail art using your favorite topcoat.

Here is the final result:


I hope you liked this tutorial. What you you think about this design? 
Don't be shy, reply. I love reading your comments ;)

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! I like the idea of using tape to keep the center clean, and also on the Lolita tutorial how you erased some of the design while it was still on the stamp. Thank you for the ideas! I'm new to nail art and lovin it! Also, I loove going to flea markets, and have gotten a few of my Kleancolors there as well, AND I live near San Jose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Tnx for this tutorial, got to try it! Looks amazing =)

    ReplyDelete

If you like my post or have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment :)
I will do my best to reply in a timely manner.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...