Followers

Friday, November 2, 2012

My Nails for Día de Muertos (Day of the dead)

Hi dear readers!

I want to show you my manicure for Day of the Dead.

To those who are not familiarized with this festivity. It is a Mexican festivity that takes place in Nov. 1st (for children) and Nov 2nd (for adults). It is a day to remember your loved ones who have passed away. It is believed that on this day, the spirits of loved ones come back to their families. That is the reason many people visit the cemetery and make offerings with flowers, food and other things that the deceased liked when they lived.

To guide the spirit of a loved one to ones home, people arrange altars and adorn it with cut out paper and make offerings of fruits, food, flowers and skulls made of sugar. Candles are lit because the light will guide the spirits to their homes.

As you can see, I tried to add many elements this tradition into this manicure. Everything you see (except the little dots around the skull eye socket ) was made using nail stamping plates.
The stamp plates I used:
A03, A30, A44, A57, AT03, BuNa01, GCOCL C02, HD03, HD04, m55, QA6, XL F and XL K (holiday).

Nail polishes I used:
Base - OPI Who are You Wearing?
Stamping polishes - Sally Hansen Insta-dri in Silver Sweep, Brisk Blue, Snappy Sorbet, Mint Sprint, Lickety Split Lime, Lively Lilac, Presto Pink, Speedy Sunburst, Lightening and Konad White.

I really wanted to share this manicure with you because this celebration has a special meaning to me and I feel very close to this tradition.

I hope you like this manicure and if you didn't know about this day, I hope you learned something new with this post.

♥ ♥Thank you so much for reading♥ ♥

20 comments:

  1. I love it!! I love all the colors and layered stamping you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U're so great at stamping!! Very nice themed nails! U recreated this amazingly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put together an amazing mani!! For a second I actually thought you hand drew them yourself until I read on :P You're really great with your stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ♥ I wish I could do that free hand, but still, an elaborated stamping manicure takes lots of effort ;)

      Delete
  4. You learn something new everyday, what a great way to celebrate those who have passed. Your nail designs are great, very creative and love the colours you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preciosa!!
    Has sabido reflejar muy bien la esencia de este día, haciéndola tan colorida :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eso era lo que quiería capturar, un día para recordar a nuestros seres queridos de una manera alegre y colorida.

      Delete
  6. Me encanta!! Mi favoritas las de las calaveras :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am obsessed with the day of the dead! i love the meaning behind it and also that its on my birthday! im actually wearing dia de los muertos nails now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these are amazing! You really have a lot of patience to do this haha. I get so frustrated and mess up easy on nails ;/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really takes lots of patience and acetone ;)

      Delete
  9. Wow these are amazing love the colors just awesome mani.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know what this means love this mani...
    So I have to buy all the plates to copy them...

    ReplyDelete
  11. me gusto mucho este disenio sobre todo por ser de una tradicion tan bonita

    ReplyDelete

If you like my post or have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment :)
I will do my best to reply in a timely manner.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...